Wednesday 5 September 2012

Sunquick, Sainsbury, Waitrose & Bickford...


Assalamualaiku & Good morning. It's still morning, 11:06...:)
 
What can I write today? I need to submit a jurnal draft today, I need to design 2 posters for a conference and I don't bother to do just that. The thing about writing an academic paper or designing the so-called poster IS you need to be at ur most tranquility. U need peaceful, far from annoying sounds such as people gossiping and all. So rather than spending time continuing flooding the pure white blank page of the jurnal format, I'd rather blogging.
 
 
It's quite hard to review things. I have a few pending reviews I made on restaurants that I think should be put on hold until I can find a proper terms to use. Reminds me of a visit to a friend's place this week. She served me with Sunquick Tropical juice. It was nice, served plain (air masak biasa tu je bancuh dengan Sunquick ni) and without any addition of extra sugar for me. Together with it, I get to have a warm rice with beef rendang nicely said (Offal style rendang of meat, liver, spleen, lights). I don't need to review the lunch but I'm interested in the drink - Sunquick Tropical juice served warm. (psst..can get it online, you don't have to spend on fuel at http://aidan.com.my/demo/catalogdemo/sunquicktropical )
 


Sunquick Tropical juice bottle RM 10.99 for 840ml bottle (Courtesy of aidan.com.my ; Aidan online Grocer)

 
The colour of the concentrate were excatly the Sunquick Orange but it's whole different story with the taste. I was expecting a sourly sweet taste but my tounge experienced was a different version from my brain hypothesis. It was sour with a hard tangy crisp of pineapple. I can smell mango but I can't taste it in the juice. On the label which was on the bottle it stated that this fruits drink base contain mixtures of juices from pineapple, orange, and passion fruit juice from concentrate and mango, banana and apricot puree, contains permitted flavouring with milk substances, permitted food conditioner, preservatives and colour substance. My judgement may not be that precise, but the flavors that I can detect using my clean wonderful always-working tastebuds are pineapple, orange obviously and a slight hint of passion fruit. No mango,no banana or apricot. Yes, I can smell mango but maybe Sunquick's meant to do just that, not by taste but the smell so people will keep on gulping the drink just to ensure or prove that this concentrate really dies have mango in it. muahaha. maybe, people are getting more crazy now adays...Conclusion - I suggest that this drink be serve cold with addition of sugar syrup to go with it. It would so much better with that recipe.
 
 
 So, another conclusion - I was chagrined by the experience. Not because I don't  like the tropical mixture but devastated (melampau la sampai devastated kan..) by the the way it tasted. I love tropical punch, in fact I'm a avid 'drinker'. I can keep on gulping on tropical punch like forever, ..my favorites were Sainsbury and Waitrose tropical squash.  Oh, the Bickford's too (get it online at http://presto.my/drinks/fruity/juice/ ) but it's a juice bottle drink can't keep it for long, ;)
Waitrose Tropical Squash (courtesy of www.mysupermarket.co.uk)
Sainsbury Tropical Squash with 20% fruits (courtesy of www.mysupermarket.co.uk)


Although these two brands were much expensive than Sunquick but they both deserve to be tag as Tropical Squash. You can taste almost all the fruits claimed to contain in the concentrate. Colour of the concentrate also compliment the tag of being tropical compared to Sunquick. Don't worry, these two brands can be obtain from Pavillion Grocer, Isetan Supermarket, Sogo Grocer, Jaya Supermarket and selected Jusco Supermarket. Price were heavy at each cost more than RM20 per bottle of 1liter and 1.5liter each. By now, Sunquick seems a champion because of the cheaper price tag!
Bickford Classic Juice Tropical RM 6.00 for 300ml (courtesy of http://presto.my/drinks/fruity/juice/ )
 
So wise consumers or at least you thought you were, please do the right choice by choosing the right thirst quenchers that can satisfy you. If the drink were serve to you, you may find it amusing to actually suggest to the host or the resturants to modify the way they prepare the drink to be more enjoyable. Good Luck and feel free to counter my review!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment