Tuesday 29 January 2013

Quest for the best burger in town...(Part 1)

It's been ages since the last time I visited my blog. Was busy with work and struggling with my newly built hatchery (I'll upload the pics here later kay! ;).

I was checking my facebook inbox for an update on an item I shop online. I came across so many friend's update that linked me to a very sad story of a young mujahidah from UTeM. She passed away recently, succumbed to the severe injuries from she suffered in an accident on 6th January, 2013. Please, let us all pray for her to be placed together with the solihin. Let us be a better person after we read the story, let us stand and help her to achieve her dakwah goal. Let us share the knowledge of Ad-din with friends and foes. Al-fatihah for almarhumah Siti Hajar bin Ahmad Sabir...Kisah Siti Hajar binti Ahmad Sabir, mujahidah muda

Ok, now, I wanted to share something with all of you. Yes, I am on a quest for the best burger in town. Well, I don't think 'the best' is the word because food will be upgraded all the time. When it's time to announce the best burger in town, another better burger will pop up. So, shall I say "Hall of Fame Burger"..?

Burger Sek.8, Shah Alam (near the Zahida Dental)

I've always preferred street burger than the fast-food's simply because I think it taste better and it accommodates my pocket. I can also chose as to what type of sauce goes into the burger as well and the vegetable too. I grew up with street burgers, but still I love my mother's cook, hehe. 

And now, we have this 'burger bakar' craze all over the town. I heard there was a long queue, near half kilometres at the original Burger Bakar in Ampang. Haven't been there due to time constraint but I have a few burger bakar (not the original) that I like. Among other were the Burger Bakar Kelana Jaya . 

Burger Bakar KJ
They operated from a mini van. Business starts after 8pm and usually lasted till midnite. Weekdays and sometimes they were available during weekends too. Location : in front of the Kelana Jaya Police Quarters

Burger Ayam special (grilled chicken patty dipped in black pepper sauce, covered in smooth omelette, with chilli sauce, mayonnaise, yellow onion, lettuce)
They steamed the patties, then grilled the patties on a high flame grill

The patties were very tender, they steamed and then grilled the patties, that's what makes the patties tender inside out. Unlike the other burger bakar, they grilled the patties straight away on high flames. The best thing about this abang burger bakar is, they have ostrich too!!!
List of menus
So far, I like this burger bakar. It's not that bombastic but still hey, it's burgers!!! and who eat burgers for that really bombastic taste, burgers tastes almost the same, it's the way you cook it, the way you meddle the sauce, vegetables and how you present it. Trust me, those burgers cook at the hi-class restaurant pun won't taste as good as the street's..

This is just the first part of my quest. I'll be updating soon on my other favourite list. Now, I'm inviting you, the readers, to share with me, any street burger that you like, I am very much happy to try it and will upload the pix here. I know, my blog is not that sensational like the Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan over TV3 but I'm trying here to be a good writer, a good food critic and please help and accept me ;)....

feel free to share your 'taste' at my email ezniidrus@gmail.com or ezniidrus@yahoo.co.uk .
Meanwhile, if you want to try Burger Bakar KJ mentioned here - they are located in front of Public Bank Kelana Jaya in SS6, at the  outside of the police quarters of Kelana Jaya. 

Let's burger bakar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment