Monday 10 June 2013

Quest for the best burger in Town (Part II) : Rawang Burger Bakar, Wangsa Maju.

my quest for the best burger in town took like ..FOREVER. Thanks to a few readers who gave their feedback on the topic. Some even suggested grilled burger in Kansas?? All the way from the US, I really appreciate the thought but unfortunately, I do not have enough money to even buy a plane ticket there..*sigh*

      I went to a few burger paradise; Rawang Burger Bakar in Wangsa Maju, Burger Bakar Burn in Shah Alam, Burger Bakar Bob in Setiawangsa and few others. But it's unfair if I want to compare and review the taste between these burger bakar and the ordinary ones using beef/chicken patties from the supermarket. So, let me begin to review one by one. This entry, it'll be dedicated to Rawang Burger Bakar, Wangsa Maju.

We went to this stall last March. We did not intend to go to this outlet purposely, it was more like, wanting an escapade amidst raining night in KL. It was Saturday night and we thought to spend it making a drive through traffic jam in KL. When hunger suddenly hit us, it just dawned on us that we should take the opportunity while being in Ampang area to dash to this outlet.

Being first time, we had to rely on our mobile GPS for direction. It happen so, when we reached the area, it was a very familiar site. Once, we had been there but not for the burger bakar, it was for a plate of 'char kuey teow'. Funny, looking back to that night when we're there for the 'kuey teow', we hardly notice this burger stall. It was raining when we reached the stall, there was only a few people lining, waiting for their burgers. Unlike what was told by one of my readers in his email to me, there should be a very long queue and sometimes, people have to wait for more than half an hour for a burger.  "Maybe we're lucky", I told myself as we step up in front of the order counter. A fine lady asked me "ye dik, order. Makan sini ke bawa balik?", a very warm welcome and their stats were already 4 stars to me. I told her, that I need to look at the menu list, she handed me one and I started to feel drowsy, there are more than 10 choices and it's my weakness when it came to 'too many choices'. It was raining so we thought to 'tapau' or in english "take-away', :). I ordered 'burger bakar daging'. No need to go extravaganza since, the easiest way to tell a burger really grilled to perfection is to order the most basic one without so many additional gravy and vegetable. Those could render the taste and crispiness of grill. 

Grilling counter, pick-up counter
 I proceed my order with the lady at the counter and was given a ticket number. She said "tunggu setengah jam ye dik", which is "You have to wait for half an hour". I hate waiting for my food especially when I'm hungry, and it's raining. But I came with someone I loved so much, so dear to me so my patience was very high that night. So I waited. There was about 15  tables with 4 chairs each. All were but empty. Customers either waited in their car or standing near the counter with umbrella. 

Empty tables, it's raining by the way, drizzling...
Ordering counter
We decided to sit down and have a drink. At that point, we don't really care about being under the rain. By the way, it just drizzles and we brought a huge umbrella. Surprisingly, my burger was served in just a few minutes. It was not even 15 minutes so I decided to give the verdict there. 

Watermelon juice RM 3.50

Grilled beef burger w/ cheese, lettuce, onion, chilli sauce, 100% beef patty RM 8.00


A close up of my dinner
The meat was grilled to perfection. Although it's very crispy outside, but it was very juicy & tender inside. Their secret? They used charcoal to grill the patties. When I was there, I saw two ladies kneading the patties. And what really makes me feel comfortable was, no dripping sweats can be seen on the man grilling the patties, not obviously at least. Chilli sauce was quite messy but that's how you want your burger, messy juice and sloppy. You want to eat burger, do it the original way please., :) with your hands and a bit messy. Well, that's how I enjoy my burger, mmhh delicious. The vegetable was nicely stacked and cheese were melting perfectly. The taste? My taste buds told me, there was sweet, juicy, sour and creamy at the same time. I gave a thumb up, 8/10 stars. But, I would really like it if they could marinate the patties better.

My ticket - 00, I'm not sure how much of this ticket they have for customers
Rawang Burger Bakar is quite reputable. For more details, you can visit their facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RawangBurgerBakar . They have an outlet in Cardiff, Wales  and you can visit their facebook to at https://www.facebook.com/pages/RBB-Cardiff/132980636877674?fref=ts.

If any foreigners reading this, and happen to be in KL or coming to Malaysia, give this outlet a try and maybe find a new revolution to a typical burger from the West, :)....

See you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment