Saturday 10 August 2013

Be Grateful & Magnanimous


Salamun 'alaykum, Alhamdulillah, I have been granted to live and experience another Ramadhan. I should have written this at the beginning of Ramadhan, but I was pretty occupied with work and several personal stuffs that time forbid me from writing this entry.

..Be grateful. Have you ever forgotten to be grateful?I did, I always did and how ignorant I am. I have been boastful during the last Ramadhan and this year, I am determined to change my bad habits. Maybe not all but I will and am trying to change all my bad habits. And I am very proud to say that I have successfully hindered myself from Bazar Ramadhan. I have successfully hindered myself from spending too much on extravaganze clothing, jewellery and handbag. Instead, I recycle my shoes, my handbags and my clothing for this coming Aidil Fitri. My other half bought a pretty modest baju kurung and well, that's the only new baju for my Aidil Fitri this year. The rest will be old clothes revamped with the addition of embroidery and beading on the sleeves. I'm giving a 'new me' to me this Aidil Fitri..;)

Anyway, talking about hari raya. For those who may not know what I'm babbling about here, briefly, hari raya means 'festive celebration'. Aidil Fitri is celebrated my Muslims around the world to mark the end of our brave fight against all evil and greed. We fast during Ramadhan, prevent ourselves from food and drink and control ownself from all evil deeds. The Muslims have to behave and control themselves from all the greed. Ramadhan trained us to have patience. It will last for a month and Aidil Fitri will mark the end. I'm not going to preach about Ramadhan in this entry. I want to save it for later. What I am going to fill in today is my review about getting bargains for Aidil Fitri...

Kenanga Mall

Cotton baju kurung with beads @ Kenanga Mall, Kuala Lumpur
 Good bargains at Kenanga Mall. You can get a decent baju kurung which will rob you off for RM250 above at any other outlet but only suffer you for RM 99/pair here at Kenanga Mall. Most of the shops here offering wholesale price for their goods as Hari Raya promotion. Some even offer a baju kurung with full linen lining & embroidery on sleeves and neck area at RM 75/pair shoudl you buy 2 pairs. And even less if you buy more than 3 pairs. Not limited to the traditional baju kurung, Kenanga Mall spoilt customers with heavens loads of choices ranging from kebaya, modern kurung, jubah, abaya and you named it for the sake of raya! For those with many children, it is pretty convenient to shop here if you're quite meticulous about price. The goods? Clothing have quality of par with those prestigious boutiques, you can go for very low prices but a less good quality. But all together, Kenanga Mall does offer better than the malls I'm going to review much further ahead..

PKNS @ Shah Alam

I visited this mall quite in the early Ramadhan. Reason being, I wanted to avoid heavy traffic. I want to be able to walk gayly and not banged into peeps most of the time which in the end, the action will contribute to mass deterioration of my shopping mood. So the price were quite an extra to what I expected, usually the price will be much lower approaching mid Ramadhan and bargains will be bursting with extra cheap bargains ending of Ramadhan to boost sales.

Children peplum @ RM75 - RM150 depends on style
At the time of my visit, I can hardly find a decent baju kurung at tags lower than RM100. But a second visit in the second week of Ramadhan interestingly met my expectation. I got a decent cotton baju kurung at RM69/pair. I think the kurung was tailored for the last year Raya and that's why the price is cheap. I figured this out due to the fashion, it was a polka-dot plain cotton kurung. I've always wanted a polka-dot plain cotton kurung, ;)

Brooches @ RM20/pair
I also bought brooches for my head scarves @ RM10/7 pc. And as I'm writing this entry, one of the brooch has been damaged, cheap things come with casualties...



Not limited to women apparels, PKNS also offers selection for men. We were used t plain baju melayu, I, in specific...but these days, men were also into fashion and colours. Fancy baju melayu can be obtained here. Bold and fancy were both flocked by men.
Baju Melayu for metrosexual men ranging from RM150 - RM250
Mothers were also spoilt by choices of children kurung. I still prefer the children to go with plain kurung but looking at offers at PKNS, I conclude that, children has also became the victim to cruel fashion. Imagine your children in peplum or abaya? Why should you speed your child's growing? Don't you want your child to remain a child a little bit longer before you can hand them over to their husband? Crazy world it is now, ....But still, for those who are so into the sprang of runway, abaya and peplum for children is something you cannot avoid here at PKNS..

Lots of choices for children kurung

Peeps flocking to one of the promo kiosk in PKNS, Shah Alam
What is raya without your blink blink..or is it bling bling? hehehe. There were two gold shops in the mall. I photographed Tomei here. Not that crowd as what I witnessed last year. Maybe, peeps were going for moderation this year which is a good thing. Besides raya promotion, Tomei were also having sales for wedding and engagement promotion. What fascinated me was, looking at one of the offer for diamond engagement ring. There was a 'Buy One free One diamond ring' for engagement. Ring would have to cost RM3k and above. Wow...hahaa
Tomei outlet @ PKNS, Shah Alam


I like this promo kiosk, good quality and yet affordable men's selection

A nice, good quality kebaya @ RM 189

This promo kiosk offers one of the best bargain with quality material
And this year, I saw a shrinked quantity of cookies promo stalls outside PKNS. As for me, I bake my own this year as was last year and I bought a few items at a supplier outlet which offer a much cheaper price on the same items here at PKNS. This year, we have the VIP Series cookies - specialty cookies made from finest ingredients, mostly imported nuts such as almond, cashew, pine and cereals. PKNS offers RM35/48 pc box. I bought the same from a wholesale supplier outlet in Kuang for RM18/box of 48 pcs.  ;)

Marsmallow promo kiosk located outside of PKNS building, beside the bazar ramadhan

Marsmallow were also the limelight of this festive season. I bought online with a cheaper price. I will upload my review on their service and the blogger here later on in another entry.

SACC MALL, Shah Alam

I visited this mall most of the time for MPH. And I am very familiar with this outlet, too familiar that the parking officers knew me well. They even remember my car and it's plate number. The model, the plate number, the colour - they wow aren't they?Awesome brains!

Nice, colourful tudung at quite an expensive tags @ SACC Mall
Unlike it's counterpart, PKNS, SACC Mall offers a high end fashion boutiques. But tell you what, my favorite shop to shop for my head scarves and 'anak tudung' is here. I can get a good quality 'anak tudung' at RM10/pc and whenever I bought in bulks (and that's the case most the time), I can get it at RM7/pc. Awesome! So, be wise when it comes to shopping. ..

These promo kiosk were located approaching SACC entrance offers couture from Indonesia
SACC offers Jedan, Embun and so on. This is an expensive boutiques which offers you a tailored made couture.
Jedan as usual @ SACC Mall
For me, Hari Raya is all about giving and receiving. It's all about moderation and thoughts to loved ones. You don'y have to spend much just to be able to enjoy your hari raya. You don't have to be rich to able to looking deadly drop gorgeous on hari raya and you don't have , ..pls don't ever have to listen to others when it comes to shopping for your fashion. Look into your budget, look into what has more priority rather than spending all your saving or that month's salary just to look awesome. Mix and match last year's couture and revamp! Be wise please...

Till we meet again, chiao!




2 comments:

  1. salam ezni...selamat hari raya aidilftri...terima kasih sebab sudi berkunjung ke blog saya...salam kenal...follow u :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. w'salam wawa, timasih gak singgah blog ni eh..sy da lama baca ur blog..suke! ;)

    ReplyDelete