Sunday 18 August 2013

Life as a student, ;)

 We just came back from visiting a close relative. She was discharged from hospital yesterday after a mastectomy. The term itself is something that we don't really want to explore more, it doesn't sound interesting but believe me, when you encounter someone whom has been going through or about to go through the procedure, your life will change. For those who do not know what is mastectomy, please go and google yourself about it. After all, education counts, ;) ..

Talking about education, I've been spending half of my life on being educated. I think more, maybe third quarter of my life and another quarter goes to sleep, dream and doing something else that I enjoy most and of course, that'll be between me & Allah. ;), ....
What fascinated me about being a student is the capability of you being manipulated almost all the time. I'm doing my post-grad degree and friends still came to me, to borrow my student ID card for discount to movies, books and some even to dine at restaurants. And I'm not talking about being manipulated by peers, but by those younger than me. And I succumbed to that manipulation, I will just surrender my student ID to them and smile. After all, it doesn't hurt me. It pleases me more than ever to be able to help them to get discounts. Especially on food....food glorious food.

What is your favorite snack when you need to do some revision or finishing your assignment in the middle of the nights, those sleepless nights? I, for instance, I love instant noodles. Not that I don't care about my health, I do. I'm scared of death. But I just can't ditch instant noodle. It makes me happy. During school days, I used to boil water and dip my instant noodle (Maggi, Indomie during those years) and mixed it with the seasoning. A friend taught me about squeezing a kaffir lime into Maggi chicken instant noodle. And since that day, my instant noodle never taste the same. I became more addicted to instant noodle. But, it works only with Maggi, should you squeeze kaffir lime into another instant noodle's it won't give you that exquisite taste. This addiction has become staple food for me until I went overseas somewhere in the early new millenium. Reason being, I can't get a decent guaranteed halal instant noodle back then. That's when I started to love spaghetti & pasta. And that'a another story to tell.

Today, I'm going to write about MAMEE Chef series. Featured here is the MAMEE Chef Tomyam. 

MAMEE Chef Tomyam bought at Giant hypermarket

I can't find MAMEE Chef at Tesco or any other hypermarkets or grocery. I can only find it at Giant supermarkets. I don't know, maybe you can find it but I can't. I didn't and I've tried so many supermarkets but no to avail. 

Wallap this while finishing my paper
 I cooked this instant noodle with an egg. It's super easy, just boil 2 cups of water and dip in your instant noodle, let it simmer for 30 seconds and pour in the seasoning and let it boil, and add in what ever egg, or vegetable or even meat slice of your choice. 

Most of the time, I only put an egg, but in this review here, I add in some chicken slice. The thing with this MAMEE Chef series, it already carry the extras. For example in this Tomyam version, they already have dried shrimps and chillies and spring onions to go with it, and dried cabbage.  
Blue oval is dried chillies & spring onions and the red one - dried shrimp
It cost RM5.99 for 5 packets of instant MAMEE Chef noodle any variations. They have Tomyam as featured here, Chicken Mushroom and I can't remember another one.. The taste? Better than any other instant noodle so far for me but my sparring partner says the other way, so it depends on your preference. Tomyam, for me, spicy and kicky as it should be compared to Maggi or any other brand. 


I had that while I was trying to wrap up my writing. I was writing a journal. And I need to chill and it's a day before Ramadhan. I just need to have instant noodle!

That mug was very loved. Seriously, I love that mug, bought in a place where I first fall in love with my sparring partner now, ;)
I usually will have hot lime juice or at least hot tea after an instant noodle treat but it was a scorching hot day that day, so I decided to have ice lemon tea instead. Why lemon? Lime? Simply because I need and I want to get rid of those wax layers that have been diluted during the cooking of that instant noodle. Learn more about the making of instant noodle ok..Google it. So lazy to give you the link here.

My advise, don't do this and make this a habit especially with children. Instant noodle are meant to meet your hunger desperation and not as staple food. You will never satisfy your hunger with instant noodle, it'll only alleviate the hunger for a while. It has no nutrition, please do not buy the Information details written on its packaging. They lie. The manufacturer lie. And the seasoning, it's not good at all. To those with kidney, liver problem, this is a hazard to your health. But should you really have to consume it, please drink lots of water, warm plain water or warm lime juice, lemon juice or orange juice to go with it as these substances from citrus fruit helps to flush the fat and acid out of your system. A glass will do. Because too much citrus will add another problem to your kidney. So be wise with food. Eat to live and it's never LIVE to EAT...use your brain peeps!

All reviews here were intentionally to spread good things. Good things are meant to be shared, ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment