Monday 2 September 2013

Can we really save?....

I was conducting an experiment when I was startled by a scream. It's not that loud but loud enough to encourage me to know more..

Oh, the oil price hike. One of the lab personnel was shouting to her colleagues upon entering the lab "Oi korang minyak nak naik lagi ni, jom gi full tank", and it was greeted by another figure saying "eleh penipu je la, sape tah buat joke kat facebook, da kuar brite kata tipu", ..and there was laughing. I went back to my desk and laptop staring blankly at my Calibur...

On my way back home, there seems to be massive traffic at all pump stations. I don't even care to listen to radio instead tuning in to my Brian Adam's CD. Why Adam's? Simply because that's the first CD my hand reached in the CD box..Reaching home, I laid my back on my bed, and switch-ON my lappie and checking my emails and wwooohhh lot's of updates from facebook status about 'MINYAK NAIK HARGA'. And to my 'happiness', yes, the government made an official statement about increasing the RON95 & diesel price by 20 cents. So, they lie! They lie about promising no increase in oil price this year..What does that mean? Are they munafik? I don't know and I dare not say, let the expert tell...

What I'm going to review here is the salary and all the hike in groceries, diesel, bla bla bla..electricity and water bills. There seems to be an inbalance hike in price. When the diesel were increase by 20 cents per litre, all the teh tarik, nasi lemak and what so ever will be increase by at least 20 cents per cup, per packet, per plates. The profits were doubling by God knows how many times. And it's that a burden for those restaurants to carry the oil price hike but to burden it to consumers. What choice do we have? 

Imagine, a mother of six had to go to work to help the husband in making a day's life. At the end of the day, she finish work at 5.30 pm, went home, on the way, maybe picking up her children from transit house, from nursery or from school and reach home by 7pm. If she's a muslim, she already had to prepare herself and her children for maghrib that tolls up to taking bath, clean herself & the children, preparing for diner and all. How can she cope with her tiredness? When will she has the time to relax, and this is when working wives resort to buying dinner or simply went out for dinner. And yet, her salary do not change, won't be increase just because she has to cope with price increase everywhere. Believe me, some employers even cut down on allowances and bonus for their staffs due to diesel and oil price hike. Go find out yourself..

So what's the relevant and the good idea behind cutting the subsidies on rakyat just because you want to have that noble heart of yours to increase the BR1M??? What's the logic and where is the benefit? So many talks, so many facebook statuses that says the government should cut down the allowances of their officers, on electricity bills, yes, on the car fuel allowance's of their officers and on so many other things rather than cutting the subsidy for rakyat. The once-pay BR1M cannot justify what will be burden on the rakyat's shoulder by increasing the oil & diesel price. Do not and not once do you compare Malaysia to other countries in terms of any price hike. We are looking at the good things to be copied to and looking at the bad things as examples and try to avoid doing it to your rakyat instead. Why must we compare the oil price of other countries that were far an out-cry to ours when we have no effort to compare our public transportation services, our medical services or even the most simple thing, the allocations for newborn babies and expecting parents given by the government to be applied in Malaysia?

Do review the effort of Malaysia government to improve the life of rakyat and compare it to those countries that the minister mentioned have higher oil and diesel price. I've been to European countries, resided at one of the modern Germany state and been traveling around but still Malaysia is far from being 'home' to me..

No comments:

Post a Comment