Sunday 4 November 2012

Cold, damp days & nice Coffee

As I'm writing this, outside was raining. It has been a cold, damp and a flat few weeks. I felt like living in a seasonal country. It's November now, who knows I might greet snow by December....(walla!) hehehe.. Why,
 
with the cold, flat days these few weeks, I have been on a good terms with coffee. Be it a 3-in-1 or the self-brewed coffee. Sipping hot coffee seems the best thing that can cheer me up. I used to be a coffee-holic once and married to a coffee-holic adding up the spice and thrill of exploring and enjoying a good sip of coffee. To-date, I still cannot forget the taste of the hard, long black Tchibo coffee I had the privilege to taste the first time, ten years ago in Germany. Then I grew to love Davidoff and Jacobs ground coffee and Cafe Vitto. Unfortunately, I  found these brands are very expensive in Malaysia, considering I can get our local Kopi Kapal Api at RM3.75 for a 200g packing! and so I ditched those brands a few years after I left the heavenly Konstanz (am i sad to leave Germany? yes, I do...)
 
Ok, back to main topic-so last week, during one damp and cold afternoon, we decided to go out for a good coffee and one of us was like "nak aiskrim boleh?", ..WTH?? so, my brain was germinated with so many list of coffee outlet and yet one outlet in particular kept popping in and out of my eyes - McDonald!! Why yes, I haven't been to the newly launched McCafe! Jom gi McD!!!
 
McCafe legend on wall (taken from summerkid123.blogspot.com)

taken for connie-stillbelieve.blogspot.com - according to her blog this is Damansara's outlet.The exact same look and position of everything as in Subang Jaya.
You can have a look at their legend as above. This is not mine, was taken randomly over the internet Google image but I'm putting up the credit as mentioned to summerkid123.blogspot.com  ; all outlets legend look the same. As for me, the nearest is Subang Jaya SS14, just behind the Shell station. AS we reached the outlet, it was fully occupied with customers mainly students I guess from the nearby colleges because they have laptops and lecture notes were everywhere on the table. We sat down, thinking of what we are going to order. I decided that we should have a shot at the most basic coffee, Americano and a muffin to go with it, I gamble on Double Choc Chip muffin.
 
I was hampered emotionally (it's a very strong word u see..) by the muffin but my modd has been repaired by the delicious taste of the coffee so I decided to give it another try for a coffee that require more skill - LATTE and a HOT CHOCOLATE. All right, both taste good to me although no thumbs up since I think Starbuck brewed a better coffee (btw, I ditched Starbuck about 6 years ago..). and they make a better latte too.
 
My latte from McCafe

Hot Choc and long tall McFloat (yep, I got free color mug for this purchase!)

Nice mug!

 
 So my conclusion, if you should need a good coffee out of desperation, do go to McCafe. They have good coffee but not that 10-star but still, it's good coffee with inviting environment and they provide free WiFi! Don't go for the muffin and the cheesecake, they are such a junior amateur and it's expensive and not worth a try. (McDonald-pls do consider my comment, do improve the recipe). I personally recommend their McFloat. I don't recommend their wraps - KFC sells better wrap and so does  Subway but no one can challenge their Quarter Pounder except abang Burger Bakar Kelana Jaya (do ask me for this abang Burger Bakar map if you want to try and don't know the place! hahaha)...
 
SO, HAVE YOU McCAFE TODAY?...;)



No comments:

Post a Comment